Sunday 15 June 2014

M3 Father's Day

Dear Daddy,

I know you can't speak my native Old-Princessian just yet, so I decided to use mummy's amazing writing skills and tell you a few words on your very first Father's Day.

First of all - I'm sure you do know it, but I want you to hear (well, read) it from me - I love you. You're the best daddy I could possibly wish for. In fact, mum and I completely agree on this - there's no one, and there never was nor could be. No one else could become my daddy. You're the most amazing person mummy's ever met and the bottom line is -thanks to that I'm around and I can tell you how much I love you.

I love it when you talk to me in both your serious and playful voices. I love it when you cuddle me in the morning, pull some silly faces at me and then they make you laugh so much that I can do nothing but giggle too. Oh my, that sets you off as well and we have our most amazing longlasting laughing sessions. I absolutely adore them.

And your singing. Your singing's good too. We both know mummy can't sing so I truly appreciate it that you can. As you know, I find Mozart, Bethoven and Bach played by my mobile lovely, but they're nowhere near as good as your songs. Even if the most of them refer to poo.

When you bounce me on your lap is another passtime I can't imagine my life without. When mummy's busy and simply lies me down in that boring rocker-napper chair you let me see what's going around the house and support me so I don't fall. How one could not appreciate that?

And the bathtime! That's something between you and me, isn't it? It's my favourite time of the day, when we could talk to each other (well, read each other's minds, I mean) about how our respective days have been. Both of us have kind of a routine, I'm with mummy all day (which doesn't entirely suck, but it's soooo much better when you're around too) and you're with your students. But I know that you wait all day to come home to me, give me a bath and cuddle me some more. Because that's what I wait for every day.

And I can fall asleep knowing you're there for me. If mummy's angry or impatient with me you always take over and translate my cries (and crying is often easier than speaking Old Princessian, which, to be fair, mummy doesn't speak very well either) so I get my food (yes, I know that's what I always cry about) and I can be happy again. And enjoy you in my life.

Thank you for being the most amazing dad ever. The only one for me.

I love you very very much.

Happy Father's Day!

Yours truly,
Princess Yoghurt Chops Milly


12 comments:

  1. A dzień ojca nie jest 23 czerwca? :D Chociaż może to tylko w Polsce.
    Bloga czytam prawie od początku i bardzo, bardzo lubię! To tak nawiasem.
    I właśnie ten post zmobilizował mnie do pytania, które już dawno chciałam zadać - wychowujecie Milly dwujęzycznie, tak? Bardzo, bardzo chciałabym przeczytać kiedyś post na ten temat. To tak w ramach koncertu życzeń. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. W Polsce 23ego, w UK był wczoraj. Bardzo dzięki za komentarz, post oczywiście będzie, choć póki co Mill chyba wychowuje się sama a my mówimy do niej jak bądź :)

      Delete
  2. "Even if the most of them refer to poo." - ! ;)))))))))))))))))))))))))) Liczę kiedyś na próbkę ojcowskiego talentu;)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lyrics please :) Love this post. Almost cried :) Nick, if you read this - you have the best girls there!

      Delete
    2. Yeah Nick you rule😊

      Delete
    3. :) Lyrics are impossible to remember, different every time. But I'll try and convince Nick to write them down one day :) Thanks for the compliments!

      Delete
    4. I can already see it: Mill, these are songs your dad used to sing to U when U were little: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WfP_e3hsb4&feature=kp <-- by the way - movie is great!

      Delete
  3. This is so sweet! happy Father's Day Nick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. To jest cos, WIELKIE COS Zuz.Mysle, ze po tym poscie, Twoj kolejny Dzien Mamy bedzie odjazdowy;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oj tam, wielkie. Ja mam nadzieję że masz rację, ale jednocześnie nie mam złudzeń :p

      Delete